- The authors must ensure that the submitted articles is authentic and never published in other journals, which is stated by a statement such as the attached letter.
- The articles that will be publicated in Journal of Applied Agricultural Science and Technology (JAAST) can be research results, policies analysis, brief communications, opinions, concepts, and reviews.
- The articles can be written in Indonesia or English using a format that complies with the language rules. The editor does not accept articles which are not meet the requested requirements.
- The published articles determined by JAAST Editors Board based on competent Peer-Reviewers judgment.
- The articles sent to editors via web or by email. The articles must be written in Microsoft Word, figures/graphs in Microsoft Excel and write the authors name as the file name. through email: email@example.com and/or upload the articles via http://kinfopolitani.com. Any difficulties may communicate with Journal of Applied Agricultural Science and Technology secretariat: Department of Agricultural Engineering, Payakumbuh State Polytechnic Of Agriculture Jl. Raya Negara Km.7 Tanjung Pati 26271 Kec. Harau Kab Limapuluh Kota Sumatera Barat, Phone: (0752) 7754192 - Fax: (0751) 7750220 ;
- The authors may propose names of competent Peer-Reviewers in their field who hold a doctoral degree and with their full addresses; whose willing to review the articles.
- The articles should be typed in 1.5 space except for Title, Abstract, Figures Title, and Tables Title typed with 1 space. The articles typed in one column of A4 paper with the total of 4000-7000 words including figures and tables.
- The articles should be typed using Microsoft Word software, Figures using JPEG or TGIF format, if there are graphs, attached the master files/Microsoft Excel. The standard font is Times New Roman 12.
- The articles should be arranged in sequence: title, authors name, authors institution’ full addresses, abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion, conclusions, acknowledgments (optional), and references. Institutional address (street, number, city, zip code) and authors email need to be written clearly.
- Binomial or trinomial (italic) latin nomenclature is used for plants, animals, insects, and diseases. The full chemical name is used for the compounds at the first mention.
- Measurement unit used is International Standard (IS).
- The writing of decimal numbers for Bahasa is using comma (,) and for English is using point (.).
Articles Writing Procedure
Title. The title should be short, specific, and informative which reflects precisely the content of the articles, maximum in 15 words written in Bahasa and in English. The title followed by authors name, institutions and addresses, and footnote referring to the corresponding author(s), complete with a mailing address, phone number, facsimile, and email.
Abstract. Abstracts are written in Bahasa and English consists of 200-250 words in one paragraph. Abstract contains the brief summary of the entire articles, i.e background, goals, methods, important results, discussion, and conclusions. Avoid using abbreviations unless it has been commonly used.
Keywords. Keywords are written in Bahasa and English, consists of 3-5 words/phrases and arranged by importance and presented at the end of abstract.
Introduction. In this section, presented a background that is supported by the brief literature, goals, and scopes of research if needed, so the readers can evaluate the results without having to read the previous publications. The literature used must be truly relevant to the research. The literature review should be integrated into the introduction, methodology, and discussion.
Materials and Methods. This section contains technical and detailed information, so the experiment can be repeated as well by other researchers. If special equipments/instruments are used, it necessary to provide the specifications and operating conditions.
Results and Discussion. This section presents research results, either in text, tables, or figures. The use if photos is limited on clear results. Each of figures and tables are numbered sequentially and must be referred in the articles.
Conclusions and Recommendations
Conclusions are written briefly but illustrates the research results substances.
Recommendations are given clearly to be acted by the relevant party.
Acknowledgments. This section can be used to appreciate funders, institutions, and personals who assisted during research and articles preparation.
References are needed to all citations and arranged by alphabetical order using author-date system. The references used are the latest (the last 10 years), with a proportion of over 50% journals and relevant primer references. It is not permitted to use citations as citation references. These journals are referred as J Appagri Scitech., for other journals use abbreviations that refer to Chemical Abstracts abbreviations.
JAAST prefers articles which refer mainly to journal articles, research reports, and conference proceedings, rather than rely heavily on textbooks or handbooks to demonstrate articles' novelty in the subject discussed. The use of Mendeley as a tool in referencing is preferable and encouraged. References should be carefully checked for completeness, accuracy, and consistency.
Author(s) should cite publications in the text following the IEEE citation style. At the end of the paper, a reference list in alphabetical order should be supplied as follows:
 Hendra, “Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Cerdas Pengembangan Agroindustri Karet Alam dengan Pendekatan Produktivitas Hijau” Tesis, Departemen Ilmu Komputer, Fakultas Matematika dan Ilmu Pengetahuan Alam, Institut Pertanian Bogor, Bogor, Indonesia, 2014.
 S. Kusumadewi, Analisis dan Desain Sistem Fuzzy Menggunakan Toolbox Matlab, Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu, 2002
 P. Putera, S. A. Novita, I. Laksmana dan M. I. Hamid, “Development and Evaluation of Solar-Powered Instrument for Hydroponic System in Limapuluh Kota, Indonesia” International Journal on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 284-288, Agustus, 2015.
 H. Ayasso dan A. Mohammad-Djafari, "Joint NDT Image Restoration and Segmentation Using Gauss–Markov–Potts Prior Models and Variational Bayesian Computation," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 2265-77, 2010. [Online]. Tersedia: IEEE Xplore, http://www.ieee.org. [Akses Sept. 10, 2010].
Proceeding from internet
 J. Lach, "SBFS: Steganography based file system," dalam Proc. of the 2008 1st Int. Conf. on Information Technology, IT 2008, 19-21 May 2008, Gdansk, Poland [Online]. Available: IEEE Xplore, http://www.ieee.org. [Akses: 10 September. 2010].
 L. Liu dan H. Miao, "A specification based approach to testing polymorphic attributes," dalam Formal Methods and Software Engineering: Proc.of the 6th Int. Conf. on Formal Engineering Methods, ICFEM 2004, Seattle, WA, USA, November 8-12, 2004, J. Davies, W. Schulte, M. Barnett, Eds. Berlin: Springer, 2004. pp. 306-19.
 J. Geralds, "Sega Ends Production of Dreamcast," vnunet.com, para. 2, Jan. 31, 2001. [Online]. Tersedia: http://nl1.vnunet.com/news/1116995. [Akses: Sept. 12, 2004].